Monday, July 2, 2007

1-6-2007 – A canal story

I will remember this date not coz India won a series against SA, not cozI was stranded in a train for 3 hrs in single place and not even for Vinay and me falling in the canal, but I will remember it, coz I thought of bloging it for all these reasons :)

I was with my parents this weekend. Since the weather was really bleak, I decided to start early for baroda on. I boarded Saurashtra Express from Valsad at 5:00 pm from Valsad. The train was 5 hrs late. As I got a train immediately, I thought I was lucky. WRONG!!!

My train took 2 hrs to reach Surat!! 3 other trains were allowed to pass by. I was a bit angry with Lalu for that. I reached Surat at 7 and found Karnvati taking off. I ran and changed the train. I thought I was lucky. WONG AGAIN!!!!

10 minutes after we left Surat, Karnvati came to a stand still. 20 mins went by. I got a bit edgy and walked all the way till engine. I asked the driver, wats the matter. And he coldly told me that there is water in Bharuch Station and we cant go ahead till it clears. Phew!!! Day was looking really good

I waited till 10:00 pm and then thought it was wise to go to back to Surat. I got a lift till Surat Railway station. I also called up Vinay, he was gonna meet me at the station and take me to his home. He arrived few minutes after I reached Surat Station. I thought I was getting lucky!!! No need to say WRONG AGAIN :D

We had a coffee and sandwich at CCD, and we thought of taking a short cut to his home. Unfortunately it was a bad idea. We ended up on a road that we didn’t know!! Viany took a sharp u-turn. And before we could understand anything, we were in a canal. He thought there was road on the other side of the grass, and went straight over it. There was no road but a canal and now we were in it. Within few seconds water began to come into the car. I opened my door and got out. Immediately I was in waist high gushing water. I tried getting on my feet, but the canal floor was really slippery. With some struggle, I got on my feet. On the driver’s side even Vinay was struggling. We climbed out of the canal, and looked upon the car. It looked really bad. I wish I could say “WRONG AGAIN”. The only comforting fact was that the car was stuck and wont flow away with the current. Meanwhile somewhere in Ireland India beat SA first time in a one day series outside India. LUCKY

We tried to get help from passerby, but it was really difficult to get help at that time of the night. I called up Abhijeet, and he came with his friend Modi(not Narendra). We thought of gathering people and pulling the car ourselves but after taking a look at the car, we decided of not doing it. We waited for a big vehicle to come and ask help from it. Unfortunately nothing came. We finally decided of getting it out in the morning.

Next morning, we reached the site early and got a passing by tractor to help us. We pushed the car to a near-by garage and gave it for repairs. Lucily, there was no body damage, water cushioned the impact and car body was not even scratched. Even internal damage was really less. The estimate given by the mechanic was Rs 3000. that was very relieving. Finally I boarded a train from Surat and reached Baroda at 3:00 pm, 23 hours after I started from my home!!! Helluva journey !!!


For further details you may contact me or Vinay :)

16 comments:

Yathi said...

I think this is one of the adventerous canal story .. !!!. It happens to him every now and then, luckly he reached to place safely :).

Hasmukh said...

I think Dhawal is still in a shock as it was 1st July not June...

Unknown said...

gud that it happenend with u "devil", had it happenend with me, i wud ve jus laughed, cried, slept, and treasured this memory, but never wud i put this on blog. :)
now, for the unexplored part of the story!!!!!! wt was vinay's reaction????
beleive me, he wud ve cursed u to core "damn devil, messes up anything n everything"
mayb he wud want to hit u BLACK N BLUE, but..:D
guess wt????? he hits his head to the monitor everytime he sees this article!!!!?????!!!
its true!
well u gotto chk the monitor, or his head wen u meet him nxt time
:D :D :D
everyone is appreciating u for this article, but but..
they shud appreciate me for opening the untold, very much true story
:D, ;)
after sometime we can come out with this series "devil, the horrifying" with these same stories
guess wt ppl living wiht u would be thinking
"not us plz" :D

Dhawal Kapadia said...

when Soumya initially told me that she is gonna write a comment, i thought i would delete it immediately. but it looks good.

Hasmukh catches a bug here, it was july and not june. but i m not gonna correct it, as the link is published, everybody will get error, if i change it now

Dhawal Kapadia said...

this is a comment from my friend ALAY


------------------------
hey I will not comment....

but seems I had give the right name to him...what say vinay... may be he will agree to me ..... and also others who know the name given............
well the best part that happened after this was that I called up vinay and asked him what happened and what he said was that nothing happened .. just he thought that it was a divider and to take a turn he climbed it and it turned out to be a valley .. but he said that he controlled the car and stopped well before it entered into the canal. and I specifically asked him was there any water in the canal and did water rushed into your car and know what .. he replied that there was water in the canal but they had stopped well before that.... :-)
well vinay next time you say a lie just think for some time :-)
anyways... vinay if you all don't know him .. is fun being with as such things (will not complete the sentence ... just understand what I mean to say)

Mihir said...

Now Dhwal knows that Challenges somethings comes in life are fruitful.. He had learned a lot !!! I think.
Anyway nice to depicts the story... lovely!!!

Unknown said...

i realised late that devils enjoy wen u scold them that they are being "devilish"
Dhawal "thanx for the compliment" ?!@#@#$#%^%^&%&

P()()J@ said...

i think devil should become a writer or a poet rather than s/w engineer...the story seems familier ..i think its from one story book ..ya i have read it .... :)(just kidding ) but nice description ...i enjoyed reading it..

Parimal said...

See DK, that's why I tell u to learn swimming ... what if the flow in canal would be fast and you would have flown away till Dumas ... bhai .. tairna shikh lo to bichare Vinay ko bhi next time bacha loge.

Samar Shah said...

I have read the author. Even I have listened him. I see a great writer try his skills. Keep up bravo!

Hey what happened to the last human on himalayas? I forgot the title we decided. You can start writing on that too.

dev said...

well dhaval.. lucky fellow..!!

wat an adventure.!!
waiting for another one to happen..:p

Unknown said...

I think they were in search of the shortest cut....

Unknown said...

Much damage was not done and reaching home safely is the good part of the story. Dhawal likes adventures hope he enjoyed it ;)One lesson to be known is dont take shortcut if u r not sure of the consequence.

Nishith said...

One thing I appreciate is your passion for cricket! You were happy about Indian victory in the midst of mess.. At last you and car reached your destination without a scratch,,,

There are very few moments in life which we alwayz cherish...

impressive blog :)

Lipsa Jagania said...

hey dats amazing story bhaiya..
u must feel LUCKY not unlucky..
atleast u hav a unique & anventures stry 2 tell .!!!!!!
think positive yar..
well i must say..
tame bahu j njoy karyu hashe..
i hope hu pan hoti tya!!!!
tamare oli movie jovi joyiye..
JUST MY LUCK!
completly suits u..
well..
hav dis kind of adventurs and stries again & again!!!!!!!!

vinay kumar said...

well i m giving very late comment on this.....well dat night really was awesome....i told before to somebody before going to pick dhawal dat it will be great adventure.. and it happened...well the rain was sooo heavy dat either me or dhawal was able to see the road.....and he only taking soo much tension .he got panic...i was very cool...i was taking very easy bcoz i know the news wont got to parents.....and it happend like this also..in the night also he was talking about car and i told him dont waste our time on talking silly matters.....then also he wont listen ....but i had gud sleep and in the morning we clear all night matter in few hrs and i drop him to station....dats all....nice jounry of life.....